Monday, January 23, 2012

starting something new...

I can't believe it's almost been a year since my last post. And boy has a lot happened in the last year. I'll spare you (if anyone at all even takes the time to read this) details and just say it was a bittersweet year. But definitely ended great! I'm floored with where God has me right now, and where He had me a year ago. So crazy to think how different I am!

I still have a love for photography, but I never have time to take the pictures myself anymore. 
My sister-in-law suggested I start writing about music, I'm her music guru. Since I live in Seattle, I hear about a ton of bands and my love for music is ginormous! 

To start this off, I've been listening to a lot of City and Colour lately! I totally missed them in concert about a week ago in Seattle. 
They're lyrics are seriously mind blowingly (yes, I just made up a word) beautiful! I can't stop listening. Even to the sad one, it's just put together in such a genius way! well... I can't just tell you about them, I highly recommend you take a listen to them: http://youtu.be/bZqnqH9s1jk
I actually haven't heard a song by him that I don't like. That's how fantastic he is!

I'm going to a reggae  concert next month. I've never really been super into reggae and I'd never heard of the band I'm going to see. So, of course I youtubed the band... and wow, they are so chill and good! I like it, I like it a lot! http://youtu.be/xKPO6ZcLxQo 


So, my weakness is hiphop... I actually love it so much that I'm joining a hiphop dance group! More detail will come once I go to my first practice this week:) 
And my secret love is country! So I'm all over the place when it comes to music. 
I only wish I was a better singer...

No comments:

Post a Comment